And while I really hope my boy is taking in the high-quality academic teaching he is offered (I am sure he is), I have to admit, there is some really solid teaching adorning posters hanging on the walls in his tenth-grade classrooms:
- Make somebody’s day.
- Ignorance is not an excuse.
- Choose your attitude.
- Be wise, protect your eyes.
- The expert in anything was once a beginner.
- Just because something is difficult doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try, it means you should just try harder.
- Reading can take you to the top.
- Who am I in the world?
- What is right and wrong?
- How do I communicate effectively?
- How do I recognize/understand/interpret differences?
Look around yourself…right now…in this moment. What do you see? What will you learn from what is around you? What are you being reminded of right now? What meaning will you make of the images/sounds/feelings in your space at this moment?